[TYPO3-v4] TYPO3 4.5 LTS and new hooks policy

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Tue Mar 8 14:37:59 CET 2011

Hi,

On 8-3-2011 14:09, Tolleiv.Nietsch wrote:
> thanks for bringing this up. From my perspective there's no need to be
> strict about hooks since they don't provide any specific feature and if
> inserted right they don't even influence performance.

If hooks are needed by system extensions I don't see any problems in
adding them. Shipping the system extensions together with the core
ensures that the right combination core-extension will almost always be
made.

For third party extensions the situation is a bit more complex.
Currently only checks for major versions are necessary. Introducing
hooks in a bugfix release would make it a bit more complex.

The same is true for me regarding adding functionality. I personally
wouldn't mind extra functionality as long as 4.5.x remains backwards
compatible.

--
Kind regards / met vriendelijke groet,

Jigal van Hemert