[TYPO3-v4] Question about Git branches

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Tue Mar 1 18:41:50 CET 2011

Hi all,

Not being in Berlin I missed contact with the Git gurus, so here's a
couple of questions about branches in Git.

I have cloned the TYPO3v4 project and now have a local repository,
stored on my hard drive in /usr/local/src/typo3/Core/

Now in my ~/Sites/typ45 folder - for example - I have a local TYPO3
install which was symlinked to the TYPO3 source in this way (when using
Subversion)

typo3_src -> /usr/local/src/typo3/TYPO3_4-5/

I have thus 2 questions:

1) if I want to work on a patch for TYPO3 4.5 I should create a branch
based on origin/TYPO3_4-5 and not origin/master. Right?

2) I understand that Git branches are not "physical" like SVN branches.
What do I need to do to fix/replace my symlink setup?

Thanks in advance for the info.

--

Francois Suter