[TYPO3-v4] Current master branch is broken?

Oliver Hader oliver.hader at typo3.org
Wed Jun 29 10:51:28 CEST 2011

Hi everybody,

Am 28.06.11 22:07, schrieb Dmitry Dulepov:
> Hi!
>
> Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] wrote:
>> If you upgrade from 4.5 to 4.6 you *have* to go through the Upgrade
>> Wizard, if you like it or not. :)
>
> This is correct. But it does not cancel my statement at all: database
> analyzer must be able to create all tables. Update wizard works only
> when certain flags are not set. Database Analyzer is the last hope in
> many cases. It *must* be able to repair any database error.

I agree with that - "the install tool has the capabilities to fix the
database structure". I'm thinking about some deployment scripts that
also create delta artifacts that are delivered to a client then.
There must be a way to determine all SQL definitions...

Maybe the idea with using a hook works in this case.

olly
--
Oliver Hader
TYPO3 v4 Core Team Leader