[TYPO3-v4] TinyMCE vs htmlArea RTE

Georg Ringer typo3 at ringerge.org
Tue Jun 28 22:10:32 CEST 2011

Hi,

Am 28.06.2011 17:14, schrieb Kay Strobach:
> why don't we change to aloha at all?

IMO Aloha is not as stable as any other editor.

> This way we would have the same editor in the fe edit extensions as we
> have in the backend.

there is currently no Aloha fe edit ;) and having something like that is
far from simple.

> What is the problem with the editor shipped with extjs?

Problem is as usual the deep integration into the core. from
configuration, rights, links, images, ...

> So please explain, why tinymce is the best - while there already other
> editors in the core? (i just wanna make shure, that the core doesn't
> grow senseless) ;)

which rte is in the core besides htmlarea?

> Beside the question of the editor i do fully agree, that there are
> plenty of problems in the current editor.
> The main problem for me is the inconsistent configuration possbility
> between UI and parseFunc.

IMO the main problem is that there is only Stan who knows how to handle
this RTE.

Georg