[TYPO3-v4] TinyMCE vs htmlArea RTE

Kay Strobach typo3 at kay-strobach.de
Tue Jun 28 17:14:44 CEST 2011

Hi,

why don't we change to aloha at all?
This way we would have the same editor in the fe edit extensions as we
have in the backend.

As we have a CMS this would also lead to better html, as the code is
just semantical and not cluttered with formating stuff (except css
classes/ids) - but this is a ideological decision ....

What is the problem with the editor shipped with extjs?
http://dev.sencha.com/deploy/ext-3.4.0/docs/?class=Ext.form.HtmlEditor
(Sencha license)

There a lot of plugins out there to customize the editor:
http://code.google.com/p/ext-ux-htmleditor-plugins/ (MIT License)

There is also ckeditor ;)
http://ckeditor.com/ ( http://ckeditor.com/license )

So please explain, why tinymce is the best - while there already other
editors in the core? (i just wanna make shure, that the core doesn't
grow senseless) ;)

Beside the question of the editor i do fully agree, that there are
plenty of problems in the current editor.
The main problem for me is the inconsistent configuration possbility
between UI and parseFunc.

Thanks in advice

Regards
Kay