[TYPO3-v4] Minutes of the 11th meeting of the 4.6 Release Team

Georg Ringer mail at ringerge.org
Mon Jun 27 15:20:58 CEST 2011

Am 27.06.2011 12:18, schrieb Stefan Neufeind:
>> I don't yet exactly know how far I can bring this extension (more
>> because of v4 restrictions then because of time or private interests)
>> and if the extension will be totally for free or kind of free + paid for
>> full features.
>
> Hmm :-(

I don't understand that direction.

> Could you briefly describe the current status, where the problems are
> and in which way you'd want to do a "paid" extension? Maybe we could get
> the current work done by the community.

Current status = working:
- works with Text + Text with images (of course only the text part) +
its title.
- Simple API to get it working with extensions + viewhelper for extbase
records.
- API to turn it on/off per user/group + TS
- Content element up/down/move, hide/unhide, delete

Problems are for example:
- There so many ways how TS output (e.g. lib.stdHeader) can be modified
and aloha needs to know about it to be sure that correct content is saved
- Creating links to internal pages/magicimages in bodytext (i never use
those)
- Support of special content elements like "Table" and "List element"
because those are saved completly different.
- 100% support of access rights of user (is user allowed to move
elements, ...) but there are also many todos in feedit extension (I will
open issues for those).
- Missing documentation
- [tons of other things]

All extensions I did have been very open to the community but problem is
of course always to motiviate people to contribute and therefore I am
not 100% sure if that works. Ask e.g. workspace guys but I have also
seen this myself very often and I am fine with it. I fully understand
why people can't contribute on projects of someone else (because they
got personal projects, too less time and so on).

So maybe I go with a similiar approach like solr because IMO it is fair
to everybody. Let's talk at T3DD

Georg