[TYPO3-v4] t3lib_utility_* only static?

Philipp Gampe typo3.lists at philippgampe.info
Thu Jul 28 23:07:35 CEST 2011

Hi Ingo,
Ingo Renner wrote:

> We could leave it in "service" if you can explain to me why it is
> considered a service :)
It is a HTTP request /service/.

> To me HTTP is still a protocol, if we compare to other frameworks like
> Zend Framework f.e. they have services like flickr, Amazon, Twitter and
> so on. I'd rather agree with their definition of services...
>
> http://framework.zend.com/manual/en/zend.service.html
>
> Also they put the HTTP classes under their top level "namespace", which
> in our case would be t3lib.
> http://framework.zend.com/manual/en/zend.http.html
But they put it into a subfolder*.

I would do the same:

t3lib/http/class.request.php
class t3lib_http_Request() {...}

Observers would then go to
t3lib/http/observer/
(See my other pending review: Add a download method to httprequest)

I kind of like this solution.

Please give feedback, so I can make a final version tomorrow.

*I personally dislike to have too many files inside a folder. I am the more
hierarchical guy who prefers to have lots of subfolders. And t3lib has far
too many files.

Best regards
--
Philipp Gampe