[TYPO3-v4] t3lib_utility_* only static?

Ingo Renner ingo at typo3.org
Thu Jul 28 21:19:18 CEST 2011

Am 27.07.11 03:24, schrieb Philipp Gampe:

Hi Philipp,

> It is now below service:
> t3lib_service_HttpRequest
>
> I can move it again of course, we just need to agree on one solution ;)

We could leave it in "service" if you can explain to me why it is
considered a service :)

To me HTTP is still a protocol, if we compare to other frameworks like
Zend Framework f.e. they have services like flickr, Amazon, Twitter and
so on. I'd rather agree with their definition of services...

http://framework.zend.com/manual/en/zend.service.html

Also they put the HTTP classes under their top level "namespace", which
in our case would be t3lib.
http://framework.zend.com/manual/en/zend.http.html

greetings :)
Ingo

--
Ingo Renner
TYPO3 Core Developer, Release Manager TYPO3 4.2, Admin Google Summer of Code

TYPO3 - Open Source Enterprise Content Management System
http://typo3.org

Apache Solr for TYPO3 -
Open Source Enterprise Search meets Open Source Enterprise CMS
http://www.typo3-solr.com