[TYPO3-v4] New vs "Old" Extension Manager

Fabien Udriot fudriot at omic.ch
Thu Jul 14 13:33:00 CEST 2011

> Sure, ui is kind of taste. There are not much new features in new EM, it's more an 1:1 coding of
> old feature set using tabs instead combo menu etc.

Next to that, I must say I really like the fact we have everything in one window in the new EM and
we don't have to jump from one screen to another like it is the case for the old one (which
introduce confusion I think).

How far would it be to have it reliable for 4.6?

- list of missing features?
- list of blocking bugs?

Perhaps out of the scope of the issue but just a few suggestion that have cross my mind:

- The "Settings" panel must be put somewhere else.
   Idea: put a button in the doc header that will pop up a settings screens

- The default modal window when installing / configuring an extension is by far too small
   Idea: I would make it full screen as it can contain a lot of information

- Not sure whether "Files", "Developer Information" Tab within an extension are
   really useful. If really useful for someone, perhaps they can be shipped as an extension
   of the Extension Manager or have them in a different form in TYPO3.

- "Maintenance" Tab needs to be revamped.

Where can it be reported / discussed? As said in my previous thread, a Forge Project would make sense.

Cheers,

Fabien