[TYPO3-v4] New vs "Old" Extension Manager

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 16:09:02 CEST 2011

Hi!

Xavier Perseguers wrote:
> - What prevents YOU from using the new EM (if ever but I know this is
> the case for quite some users)

I am for using old EM. My points:
- new EM is too technical
- it is more operations to do elementary stuff with new EM
- all these panel just take too much space. They are fancy and technically
cool (like a technology demo) but do not add a value to the daily work

I love simple things.

If the new EM is permanent, I would love to have instructions how to get
the old EM back. I really dislike the new one and would do everything to
avoid using it :(

Nothing personal for devs, it is just happened so that I do not like it.

--
Dmitry "itoldyou" Dulepov
TYPO3 core&security team member
E-mail: dmitry.dulepov at typo3.org