[TYPO3-v4] Postponing RC1 to Saturday in the afternoon

Stefano Cecere scecere at krur.com
Sat Jan 22 13:47:40 CET 2011

On Sat, 22 Jan 2011 02:26:25 +0100, Ernesto Baschny
<ernesto.baschny at typo3.org> wrote:

> - a potential RC2 to be released on Monday afternoon and
> - final release 4.5.0 on Wednesday 26th

Thank you Ernesto for all these informations on hard work!

BUT: why don't take some more time? a few weeks more?
i know that it's always nice to meet deadlines... but it seems to me that
we are running a bit too fast, to be so near to final release.

also because this will be a 3 years maintained version... so all API and
features should be thought really well

i see for example that tonight you dropped Plupload.. since it is really
more maintained than actual flash uploader.. would it nicer to take some
time and make it work..
maybe fix all latest bug in 4.5.1, instead of keeping for next 3 years the
flash uploader?

if a few weeks more would be taken, there would be time to fix all
documentation, translations, test new EM and WS extjs modules..

i am quite sure most people will wait for 4.5.1 before upgrading

just my 1 cent!

see you on bugtracker! :)

   Stefano Cecere
   KRUR.com - informedia