[TYPO3-v4] HTML5 is HTML now

Ernesto Baschny ernesto.baschny at typo3.org
Fri Jan 21 17:12:24 CET 2011

Hi Sebastian,

I think we should not change anything as of now for 4.5. It might very
well end up that html5 gets deprecated, but why should we care right
now? We don't even know what the outcome of this will be.

If in 2 years nobody knows what html5 was all about (which I doubt), we
still have minor releases in between to get up to the new trend (which
is why we have so short release cycles right now). The 4.5 LTS support
is based on the fact that someone wants it to be stable from start to
the end, and I think especially this "start phase" is important (where
html5 is still the wide spread name).

The term "html5" has been there for several years now, and going back to
"html" was just mentioned two days ago in a blog. Apart from the
confusion caused by older sites which might want their "HTML 4" and
which we care about also in the LTS release (backwards compatibility as
a major goal).

--
Ernesto Baschny
Core Developer V4 Team