[TYPO3-v4] ExtDirect Exceptions using HTTPS

Stefan Galinski sgalinski at df.eu
Tue Jan 18 16:09:30 CET 2011

Steffen Gebert wrote:

>>> I always encounter an ExtDirect Exception "Unable to connect to server"
>>> in one installation directly after accessing the backend (thus
>>> unusable).
>>
>> The following patch should fix your problem. Please test it and
>> afterwards we can move it to the core list.
>
> So I was the first one testing 4.5 with HTTPS? Ouch..
>
> Stefan, patch works - thanks!
>
> Kind regards
> Steffen

Hi Steffen,

ExtDirect works with HTTPS instances as well without this patch. The patch
fixes the usage of an http/https backend used in parallel. If you don't
apply this patch, you would need to clear the cache for each change of the
protocol. Afterwards it's not required anymore...

IMHO the patch is much more important for the frontend. The usage of both
protocols in parallel is not that unlikely here. I will add the patch to the
Core ML this night. Happy voting... ;-)

--
Stefan Galinski
staatl. geprüfter Informatiktechniker