[TYPO3-v4] Postponing 4.5 RC1

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Tue Jan 18 14:20:23 CET 2011

Dmitry Dulepov schrieb am 18.01.2011 14:14:

> Ernesto Baschny wrote:
>> - speed improvements: by loading ExtJS on all frames the current backend
>> is slower on certain browsers. We want to try our best to get some
>> improvements here.
>
> Concatenating source files for ExtJS and minifying them all with YUI
> compressor significantly redices file size and makes them load faster.
> (...)

Thanks for your input Dmitry. It's not the size of the file that is a
problem, because once fetched, the browser caches it locally and never
fetches it again.

The fact that just "loading it locally" can take up to "two seconds" (on
FF 3 with Firebug enabled at least, you can see that in the "Network"
profiling tab of Firebug).

Since our content frame loads it on every call (because its an IFRAME
and we require ExtJS for the CSH for example), each click on different
pages in Web>Page loads it again and again and takes some time. Coupled
with the loading mask this looks even "worse".

So maybe one solution would be to not load ExtJS in the content IFRAME
*if* "top.Ext." is available. Load it only if the module is loaded
"stand alone" (like in "Open this frame in another TAB"). Steffen-K is
aware of this and will try this out, Rupi also has already analysed
that, but I invite others to also try it out, maybe someone comes up
with a good solution for that first.

Thanks!