[TYPO3-v4] Postponing 4.5 RC1

Ernesto Baschny ernesto.baschny at typo3.org
Tue Jan 18 14:02:48 CET 2011

Hi,

the release team decided to postpone the release of the "Release
Candidate" until Friday (it was planned for tomorrow, Wednesday). This
gives us a couple of more days to really finish up the last steps, and
end up with a stable release candidate.

Apart from the last outstanding bugs that have been reported we want to
finish up these tasks:

- implement CRSF in more places than just the install tool and user
setup (tough job, will require some reviewing effort by testing): Georg
Ringer, Helmut Hummel.

- finish up the usage of the new SwiftMailer API throughout the core in
order to deprecate t3lib_htmlmail (see
http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=17065#c46156): Jigal van Hemmert,
Ernesto Baschny

- finalize Plupload integration: Christian Müller

- finish up all required upgrade wizards and have them tested (i.e.
workspaces)

- speed improvements: by loading ExtJS on all frames the current backend
is slower on certain browsers. We want to try our best to get some
improvements here.

Ernesto Baschny
Core Developer V4 Team
Release Manager TYPO3 4.5