[TYPO3-v4] Silence before the storm

Ernesto Baschny ernesto.baschny at typo3.org
Mon Jan 17 23:50:59 CET 2011

François Suter schrieb am 16.01.2011 15:18:
> Hi,
>
>> Another big topic is the "label freeze": Jeff, Joey, Ingo are doing
>> extra-shifts to get this ready in time. page_language_overlay will get
>> the same face-lift as "pages" got (by Joey), the CSH for the new labels
>> from Jeff are currently being reviewed by more native speakers. We've
>> reviewed a change by Ingo which renames SysFolder to Folder throughout
>> our labels, making it more user-friendly for starters (see #16985 [1])
>>
>> So during the next hours we expect to freeze SVN, prepare the release
>> notes, news etc, package beta4 and then make it available for download.
>
> I just wanted to know if we also have a "skin freeze" now or if there
> are still skinning issues pending?
>
> On the DocTeam side we would quite like to start refreshing the
> screenshots, but we won't do it until we're sure that there are no
> upcoming changes in the UI.
>
> Can somebody make a statement on that? Thanks in advance.

The "skin" is complete, the issues that are open are really just fine
tuning here and there, as you could see.

I would propose for you to start doing the screenshotting with our
current (trunk) state (with pagetree integrated). A "by-product" of
creating those screenshots is some kind of reviewing of the backend. So
if the screenshotters stumbles over a design / skinning / usability bug,
please consider reporting them through the Usability tracker [1] (or
directly to the Skin tracker [2], if its just a CSS bug).

Thanks!

[1] http://forge.typo3.org/projects/usability/issues
[2] http://forge.typo3.org/projects/skin/issues

Ernesto Baschny