[TYPO3-v4] Just a few rants (don't take it offensive)

JoH asenau info at cybercraft.de
Fri Jan 14 21:50:47 CET 2011

> Sure Most of the BE forms decisions are for the better but not "Image
> Adjustment" 2 tabs away from "Images", hidden in "Appearance".

Well - we discussed especially this one a lot.
And I have to admit that first I would have put them in the image tab as
well.

Still the decision was to put them where they are now.

The reasons are these:

Within a usual TYPO3 project the average editor will change the image
(content) of an element more frequently, but not the size or any other
image adjustments, since these are preset and don't change too often
within the same element.

So in most of the cases you will have to do the adjustments just once,
and to move them to the image tab would have meant a kind of
inconsistency that the majority of people was willing to avoid.

In fact most of the projects I know of, don't allow the usage of these
fields at all because the images are always scaled to some values preset
in TS.

So the argument was, that it doesn't hurt when the fields are in the tab
they belong to by definition, since you won't touch them too often anyway.

Cheers

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian
Xing: http://contact.cybercraft.de