[TYPO3-v4] Loading indicator when accessing a page in the backend

Johannes Feustel j at feustel.eu
Fri Jan 14 10:00:17 CET 2011

Hi

Am 14.01.11 01:01, schrieb Thomas "Thasmo" Deinhamer:
> Hi guys!
>
> When using the new page tree/backend of TYPO3 4.5,
> on the right section, a large loading indicator is
> rotating, when selecting a page, while it's loading.
>
> Is it just me or is this loading indicator just a
> bit annoying and makes the overall impression of
> the backend look "slower" and ... "anti-snappier"?
>
> It remembers me of websites which preload ALL
> resources via JS and show a loading bar or indicator
> as long as resources are being loaded and all feels just
> like you need to wait for centuries.
>
> Can it be turned off via TS or could I convince anyone to
> have a discussion about it for maybe removing it?

I would also love to have at least an option to turn it off. In fact it
slows down. Think of the following:
I just want to click a button in the docheader but need to wait until
the full module is loaded although the button is still there for
seconds. You can see the icon but still can't use it.
I don't mind having a loading indicator somewhere but the the mask
overlaying all already working links and buttons is annoying.

Regards,
Johannes

PS: https://twitter.com/tolleiv/status/13541450935439360