[TYPO3-v4] Still pending critical bugs

Georg Ringer mail at ringerge.org
Fri Jan 14 07:14:52 CET 2011

Am 13.01.2011 17:57, schrieb Stefan Galinski:
> I already discussed this topic with Ernesto and the option should be
> deprecated.

I really don't understand that.

> This one seems to be exist, because of performance and usability
> issues with deeply nested trees.

No it also exists because not every user got access to the page tree and
sometimes it is good to preconfigure the backend as much as possible for
a user.

> The new pagetree hasn't problems with both
> as you can scroll horizontally, lazy load the subpages, mount them
> temporarily with the context menu and furthermore you can resize the
> navigation frame.

If it is really deprecated, there should be:
* a news message explaining all things which are deprecate
* remove the flag with 4-5 (See below)

> However the option is maybe used for some other dirty hacks by some guys, so
> it can't be removed now. I hope this clarifies the situation. :-)

The only usage of the field is to create a new start of a tree. If that
doesn't work anymore, the field is not only senseless but also annoying.
If the field is used for things besides this, the core doesn't need to
care because it is really really simple to add new fields to the table!

Georg