[TYPO3-v4] Just a few rants (don't take it offensive)

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at typo3.org
Thu Jan 13 11:36:36 CET 2011

Hi!

Sebastian Michaelsen wrote:
> == LABELS ==
> - The German Labels for the page.keywords and page.description fields
> have the annotation "SEO" in parentheses, which is very misleading IMHO.
> I know SEO is a topic where you can discuss a lot and for many things
> there's no ultimative truth, but what is for sure is that Meta Keywords
> can not help you in any way with SEO. This myth has to die and I'd be
> sad if TYPO3 would go on with spreading this myth.

+1. It is known that Google does not even parse keywords and gives zero
weight to the description, though uses it to show snippets if words match.
Yahoo uses description for search in the catalog but does not use it for
ranking. It does not use keywords either. So "SEO" there is totally misleading.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core&security team member
E-mail: dmitry.dulepov at typo3.org