[TYPO3-v4] Basic Frontend User Registration for the core?

Christian Kuhn lolli at schwarzbu.ch
Tue Feb 15 20:10:24 CET 2011

On 02/10/2011 05:52 PM, Susanne Moog wrote:
> Do you think a basic registration should be part of the core (read: do
> you need it often if you have a frontend login)?

Please don't.
Let's please either solve this problem completely or not at all if want
it as core extension. A basic extension doesn't help much.
I'd be in favor of creating a well abstracted solution for all needs
that can be extended (multi and extendable steps, js + php validation,
mail activation, unregister, profile changes, and so on). Together with
a good software architecture and a good documentation. Please, please
let us not repeat the sr_feuser_register desaster.

BTW: What happened to party framework?

Regards
Christian