[TYPO3-v4] Basic Frontend User Registration for the core?

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Fri Feb 11 09:24:34 CET 2011

Hi,

On 11-2-2011 7:45, Xavier Perseguers wrote:
> Then regarding the question whether it should be part or not of the
> core, my POV is that it does not need to, the Core is big enough and
> many smaller websites do not need user registration.

The same logic applies to dbal, impexp, sys_note, version, workspaces,
about, aboutmodules, linkvalidator, taskcenter, sys_action, func,
func_wizards, wizard_crpages, wizard_sortpages, fluid, extbase, feedit,
simulatestatic, felogin, indexed_search, adodb, openid, rsaauth,
saltedpasswords...
Not all sites will use those.

OTOH there is a definite need for a series of features which are
available "out of the box" (or with core-supported extensions)

> I would prefer releasing it on TER, highlighted with other "A-Class"
> (oh, what was that already?) extensions and let integrators use it or
> not according to their needs.

Great! Then we should go ahead and create such a system.

I still believe an in-between solution would be better:
- in core support for frontend editing of records by visitors
- "A-class" (or any other name) extension(s) which use this core feature
for fe_user registration, etc.
This way the frontend TCEform-like stuff is also available for third
party extensions.

--
Kind regards / met vriendelijke groet,

Jigal van Hemert