[TYPO3-v4] Migrating TYPO3 core to git.typo3.org commencing soon

Steffen Gebert steffen.gebert at typo3.org
Tue Feb 8 23:16:05 CET 2011

>> 1) The core list as we know it will no longer be used for voting on
>> patches (it might even be deactivated...).
>
> It's a bit more than just a means to vote (or discuss).
I think we can rely on the v4 list, which is already used for longer
discussions.

> * Workflow for creating changes, testing/reviewing (core devs and others)
Copy the URL presented by gerrit and paste it to the command line. Don't
know, what's the best-practice for windows ;)

> * How to handle versions of patches/changes (in case of negative reviews)?
Check the patchset out, modifiy it, push back to gerrit.

> * How to handle minor (CGL) changes "on commit"?
Commit is done by pushing a button in gerrit. Just modify it, push back
and then wait for reviews or commit to main repository.

> * How to handle FYI72 (and other time periods)?
Core devs are able to vote +2, while others can only vote +1. +2 is
required by gerrit, so as core dev, we can directly push things through
without other's reviews.

> * Tools? Integration with PHPStorm (for core devs available) or other
> git clients on various platforms?
Interesting thing.. Ingo twitter sth. about a first gerrit integration
for eclipse. Don't know, how easy it is with other clients to switch to
the new branch created by gerrit.

> * Possible connection with Mantis (link to Gerrit so bug reporters can
> easily see the proposed changes)?
That's one thing, for which I will really fight for improvements. I just
want to wait for a mantis/redmine decision.
We definitely need improvements to mantis (ermm.. I'd love to have some
improvements), like auto-closing on commit, maybe auto-opening on
gerrit-push, better categorization and a few other things. Is there
already a decision mantis/redmine? Redmine is not able to handle private
issues has been the con until now. Does this still hold?
Would be nice to have information in this. If we stay with mantis, I
will do some research and thoughts, what I'd like to see improved.

Kind regards
Steffen

--
Steffen Gebert