[TYPO3-v4] Migrating TYPO3 core to git.typo3.org commencing soon

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Tue Feb 8 20:20:51 CET 2011

Hi,

On 8-2-2011 19:11, Ernesto Baschny wrote:
> 1) The core list as we know it will no longer be used for voting on
> patches (it might even be deactivated...).

It's a bit more than just a means to vote (or discuss).

> We will be using the Gerrit
> reviewing system (http://review.typo3.org) which will speed up our
> development and reviewing pace.

I guess we will get a crash course in Berlin?

> 3) We will no longer manually maintain a "ChangeLog" file.

+2! During rush hours it was sometimes impossible to commit due to rapid
changing Changelog files.

> Issues / caveats

* Workflow for creating changes, testing/reviewing (core devs and others)
* How to handle versions of patches/changes (in case of negative reviews)?
* How to handle minor (CGL) changes "on commit"?
* How to handle FYI72 (and other time periods)?
* Tools? Integration with PHPStorm (for core devs available) or other
git clients on various platforms?
* Possible connection with Mantis (link to Gerrit so bug reporters can
easily see the proposed changes)?

--
Kind regards / met vriendelijke groet,

Jigal van Hemert