[TYPO3-v4] Git/Gerrit migration

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Thu Feb 3 21:17:25 CET 2011

Steffen Gebert schrieb am 03.02.2011 12:03:
> Hi,
>
>> Git/Gerrit conversion is in preparation and scheduled for the time
>> between 4.5.1 and our Code Sprint on February 28th (this was the last
>> info I got, so I hope the migration plan is still the same and in time).
>
> As 4.5.1 seems to be scheduled *after* the Core Sprint, I fear we will
> not have Git/Gerrit until then? Or will .1 already be powered by git?

The projects are pretty much unrelated. In the git team we decided that
it would make sense to wait until the first "rush" is over after the
4.5.0 release (expecting a need for a new release 1-2 weeks after the
final).

But it won't hurt if we switch before that date, we can package and
release TYPO3 4.5.1 "by hand" if needed. :)

> Having Git/Gerrit in Berlin was IIRC one of the major arguments for the
> schedule, which has been set up few months ago. I really see a benefit
> in using it together and discussiong things / helping each other while
> sitting next to each other.

We will have a git team meeting on the next week and we will then
discuss the further steps and we'll keep you posted on that.

> I'm really interested now, what the migration team worked out and what
> the current plan is. I really hope that we don't have to deal with the
> core-list for the whole 4.6 development :(

Sure, I think the roadmap is clear that the 4.6 we *will* be using GIT
as our main repository. It's only a matter of resources to make that happen.