[TYPO3-v4] Minutes from the first meeting of the release team after 4.5.0 release

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Thu Feb 3 00:10:44 CET 2011

Hi,

On 2-2-2011 23:22, Patrick Gaumond wrote:
> In the end we got 90% jQuery FE extensions the remaining being mostly
> MooTools or old Prototype and a Backend done with a JSframework almost
> unknown in our community...

I guess you'd better move your websites to Joomla; it's by far the most
popular CMS if you see the statistics.
Or is it that popularity isn't the same as quality?

>  >We have tried to get ExtJS expert
>  >"Condor":http://www.sencha.com/forum/member.php?343-Condor to help out
>  >on that (a supporter from the ExtJS forums), but he hasn't given us any
>  >feedback yet.
> That resume my fear, being dependant of a small team that has more
> chance to shrink than expand...

That only means that there was a good contact with one of the members of
the ExtJS community. Judging from the talks at TYPO3CONFs of the past
years the guys as Sencha seem also willing to help out.

> Sorry for looking like the bad guy. I'm just getting this negative
> feedback in my own circle of friend. Maybe extJS was an obvious choice
> in 2009 but it doesn't look so good now.

It still looks very good and is very good. For most people it's obvious
to use the tools they are most familiar with.

Another reason to get familiar with it is that it is also used in TYPO3
v5. To prepare yourself and your extensions it would be a good thing to
move to that framework.

--
Kind regards / met vriendelijke groet,

Jigal van Hemert