[TYPO3-v4] Abandoning patches

Philipp Gampe typo3.lists at philippgampe.info
Tue Dec 20 14:36:45 CET 2011

Hi Dmitry Dulepov,

> Steffen Ritter wrote:
>> only the submitter itself can abandon patch-sets or an admin (the only
>> to me kown person would be Peter Niederlag).
>
> Is it? Than I probably mixed up. May be I heavily reworked the patch, so
> thought of it as "mine".

Gerrit sends mails for all "involved" people.

> I got about a hundred e-mails for the past two bays from Gerrit, some of
> them with "abandoned" and no solution. So I was pretty upset.
>
>> So. It's perfectly right if people drop their own requests - isnt it?

> No. Even if they do not want to do it any more, there can be others to
> build upon it. And often there is simply no replacement for the fix.

That is true, but you can just upload the changeset again as a new issue (or
ask the author/admin to restore it).

I can only speak for myself and I only abandoned a single patch: "Refactor
getUrl". I did so for two reasons:
1. The patch was incomplete and better solution needs to be spread into
multiple patches
2. the topic needs to be changed and I think the only way to do this is to
create a new change.

Best regards
--
Philipp Gampe