[TYPO3-v4] Abandoning patches

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Tue Dec 20 13:43:30 CET 2011

Hi!

Steffen Ritter wrote:
> only the submitter itself can abandon patch-sets or an admin (the only
> to me kown person would be Peter Niederlag).

Is it? Than I probably mixed up. May be I heavily reworked the patch, so
thought of it as "mine".

I got about a hundred e-mails for the past two bays from Gerrit, some of
them with "abandoned" and no solution. So I was pretty upset.

> So. It's perfectly right if people drop their own requests - isnt it?

No. Even if they do not want to do it any more, there can be others to
build upon it. And often there is simply no replacement for the fix.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core&security teams member

Simplicity will save the world.