[TYPO3-v4] [XLIFF] Support plurals

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Wed Dec 14 13:49:13 CET 2011

Hi Xavier,

On 14-12-2011 11:47, Xavier Perseguers wrote:
>> Interesting subject: "plurals". It has some challenging concepts in
>> various languages [1]. Something we (partly) need to implement in this
>> feature.
>
> Did you read what I wrote in my post? Because I tackled (perhaps too
> briefly) this part actually.

Yes, I read it. I should have put a small introduction before my text,
but I wanted to explain the challenges in a bit more detail.
I notice that some people tend to relate things like this with their own
language (not surprisingly) without realizing how things work in other
languages.

To summarize my post very briefly:
Everything you said plus the note (which should be documented somewhere)
that combined plurals cannot be handled and a -1 for doing the
replacements (because existing labels contain different 'marker'
techniques) in the new sL().

--
Kind regards / met vriendelijke groet,

Jigal van Hemert.