[TYPO3-v4] Minutes of the 4th meeting of the 4.7 Release Team

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Tue Dec 13 16:30:36 CET 2011

François Suter schrieb am 13.12.2011 13:36:

>> I hope i could satisfy your concerns and demand of answers. If anything
>> is left unclear, feel free to ask. This for sure is interesting for
>> others, too.
>
> Thanks for all your explanations. It's good to know that the ExtJS code
> base got cleaner, as I haven't found it very enjoyable to work with
> ExtJS so far I must say. I'm still worried what this will entail for
> extensions, especially the amount of effort needed. As was mentioned in
> the other thread about the limited amount of downloads of 4.7alpha1, at
> least a part of us is still "digesting" the release of 4.6, in
> particular with regards to the compatibility of each one's extensions. I
> know I haven't yet had time to check all my extensions with 4.6, so I
> don't know if I will have time to make some of them work with 4.7 if
> that means rewriting the ExtJS part.
>
> That being said, I'm absolutely not opposed to the move in general, we
> sure need to follow the evolution of ExtJS. It's just that some steps
> are harder to take than others ;-)

What makes us all smile is that while we *can* and want to improve our
extensions, we still can rely on "good ol' 4.5 LTS" in the mean time.
Personally I think we chose the perfect timing to do the LTS release,
and all "breaking changes" which we are now going through in 4.6 and 4.7
are a necessary and sometimes very long awaited, but couldn't have been
done if we hadn't had the LTS release before that.