[TYPO3-v4] Minutes of the 4th meeting of the 4.7 Release Team

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Tue Dec 13 13:36:25 CET 2011

Hi Steffen,

> I hope i could satisfy your concerns and demand of answers. If anything
> is left unclear, feel free to ask. This for sure is interesting for
> others, too.

Thanks for all your explanations. It's good to know that the ExtJS code
base got cleaner, as I haven't found it very enjoyable to work with
ExtJS so far I must say. I'm still worried what this will entail for
extensions, especially the amount of effort needed. As was mentioned in
the other thread about the limited amount of downloads of 4.7alpha1, at
least a part of us is still "digesting" the release of 4.6, in
particular with regards to the compatibility of each one's extensions. I
know I haven't yet had time to check all my extensions with 4.6, so I
don't know if I will have time to make some of them work with 4.7 if
that means rewriting the ExtJS part.

That being said, I'm absolutely not opposed to the move in general, we
sure need to follow the evolution of ExtJS. It's just that some steps
are harder to take than others ;-)

Francois Suter