[TYPO3-v4] Minutes of the 3rd meeting of the 4.7 Release Team

Georg Ringer typo3 at ringerge.org
Tue Dec 13 07:01:22 CET 2011

Hi,

Am 12.12.2011 20:54, schrieb Steffen Gebert:
> Are *you* kidding? Please keep splitting it up in smaller tasks.

smaller tasks are great if those can be tested standalone.

> "Merge it, we will fix bugs later" - sounds like old times with EM and
> so on - things that are buggy from the beginning and annoy people for
> years afterwards as promises are not kept.

Not keeping promises is a different thing but if bugs are not resolved,
the whole code just needs to go to 4-8 and not 4-7.

> I see no chance for just putting the huge patches into Gerrit and
> waiting for people to scroll through, apply and click around, and giving
> their +1 afterwards. There should be really reviewers, who know the
> topic and the big picture of the upcoming changes.

Absolutly true. I can't be this reviewer then because I really don't
know which things are solved and what is a bug and what is a unwanted
feature. People know *nothing* about the functionality of the BLE
project (buzzwords don't count), so how can others review code? Is there
a specification, a document which describes the wanted output?

> And in general: Big projects (=patches) need better coordination - not
> one developer only. Figure out, who is willing to spend time on
> reviewing/discussing them and bring author(s) + reviewer (virtually)
> together for some hours.

TRUE.

Georg