[TYPO3-v4] Minutes of the 3rd meeting of the 4.7 Release Team

Georg Ringer typo3 at ringerge.org
Mon Dec 12 13:24:42 CET 2011

Hi Steffen,

thanks for the notes!

Am 12.12.2011 10:53, schrieb Steffen Ritter:

> Developement stalled??
> ------------------------
>
> We wondered about the lack of downloads and feedback to Alpha1. As well
> we figured out, that there is a problem getting reviews for pending
> patches and features.

I guess there are not too many users who don't use GIT to follow the
development but really wanna download it.

> As TYPO3 4.7 has a very tough and straight internal work-plan which
> could blew the whole release schedule this has been considered as a
> highly critical issue.

if there is a release of a version with a new feature, this feature
needs to be explained.
you can't expted that new code is tested if it is not really explained
what changed, what is new, how to use it an what the expected result is.

> - as major parts of the 4.7 developement is based upon results of the
> BLE-project, developers might be somehow think it is only the
> responsibility of developers which got payed for their BLE work to
> finish the tasks up and getting it done.

I doubt that but speaking for myself: As long as all this BLE / media /
fal stuff is not merged to master, nobody will look at it.

Furthermore: If BLE project is that important, do a feature freeze now,
exclude ble stuff and people will look at those reviews.

> We really would like to have your feedback on this, what prevents you
> from helping out and what we could improve, the get the ball rolling again.

see above. everbody works on own tasks. concentrate on the big things of
4-7 and stop side projects.

> To test it, please apply these four patches:

really? are you kidding? and if I find a problem I stop all 4 because I
don't know which causes what? If it works, merge it and bugs are done
one by one. If it doesn't work, make it start. Sorry but at least I
don't have the time to do more. I really want to test the new things and
report bugs or improve those but they need to be included in master and
not in 4 reviews.

> We split the huge work up into smaller commits, so it would be easer to
> track the work - but wan't work standalone...

for me this sounds more like more work and no benefits.

Georg