[TYPO3-v4] translateable 404 error page with realurl

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Wed Dec 7 09:32:00 CET 2011

Hi,

On 7-12-2011 9:15, Simon Schaufelberger wrote:
> the main question was: why is TYPO3 not able to handle this by itself? I
> mean if there is /en/anypage and anypage is not found, the language
> string should still be recognised but if somebody just types
> /bla/anypage and /bla/ is not a language, then of course the default
> language should be used.
>
> Is this a realurl problem or a TYPO3 problem?

I took a quick look at the code and saw that the page id is fetched
before the language is determined. The page-not-available-handling takes
place during the fetching of the page id, so there is no language
determined yet.

It's a bit of a chicken and egg problem. Nice challenge to solve :-)

The workaround described by François takes place before all this and has
to work with whatever URL rewriter is active.

--
Kind regards / met vriendelijke groet,

Jigal van Hemert.