[TYPO3-v4] Minutes of the 14th meeting of the 4.6 Release Team

Michael Stucki michael.stucki at typo3.org
Wed Aug 31 11:56:55 CEST 2011

Hi Xavier,

> XLIFF
> ----------------------------
>
> XLIFF is running smoothly and we did not have any report of problem with
> it. As such, this is a real success because our new translation server
> is now used for all TYPO3 releases.

That deserves a huge respect to the whole team. Really great to see how
smooth it went, and how well it was introduced and documented. Bravo!

> What is still missing at the moment is a converter for LLXML files to
> XLIFF within extdeveval, as we already announced it a while ago. Olly
> pointed out that it could be useful to have the other way around as
> well, to allow developers to prepare XLIFF files and generate the
> corresponding LLXML files for older TYPO3 releases if their extension is
> to be used there as well.
>
> [ *TODO* Xavier/Dominique ] LLXML <-> XLIFF converter for extdeveval
> [ *TODO* Michael/Infrastructure Team ] Discuss what to do next with the
> Pootle infrastructure

Regarding the infrastructure, I sent a mail to Dominique a while ago,
asking if we should move it back to our own hardware.

As far as I remember, the response was that it's fine like how it runs
now, except that the costs should be covered somehow (of course).

I will get back to him again and keep you in copy.

Greetings, Michael
--
Use a newsreader! Check out