[TYPO3-v4] Git submodules or not?

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Mon Aug 22 14:43:43 CEST 2011

Hi,

On 22-8-2011 14:21, Peter Niederlag wrote:
> Am 22.08.2011 13:47, schrieb Jigal van Hemert:
>> According to our wiki this is unfortunately not possible for Windows
>> users :-(
>> A Multiple Branch Setup is actually one of the things I miss from SVN.
>
> Where does it say this would not be possible?

I was referring to this line:
-----------
Unfortunately, this being a shell script, Windows users will only be
able to use this on Cygwin. If someone knows how to perform a similar
setup on Windows, please contribute!
-----------

> It is of course possible everywhere! ;)
>
> Only thing probably not that easy on windows is to do it in a
> optimal/most efficient way. On linux it is possible (by symlinks) to
> fetch and keep all the objects only once and use that in mutiple working
> directories.

Windows (at least Vista / 7 / Server 2008) also has the ability to make
"symlinks" (soft links, hard links and directory junctions).
Would this be enough to create a similar script?

--
Kind regards / met vriendelijke groet,

Jigal van Hemert.