[TYPO3-v4] [TYPO3-core] Maintain and fix compatibility for headline rendering

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Tue Aug 9 08:20:46 CEST 2011

Hi,

On 9-8-2011 0:44, Helmut Hummel wrote:
> with the latest release we change the headline rendering for security
> reasons[1]. Until now we could not think of a solution how to maintain
> compatibility and fix the security issue at the same time.

As already posted to Michael's issue in the bug tracker:

The "breaking change" in the heading rendering isn't such a big issue.
So far I've seen one site which needed to be adjusted (because it had
the page title in <h1> and thus needed every heading level in a lower
level) and all I needed to do was replace 'fontTag' with 'dataWrap'.
It's now on the check list for this upgrade.

People understand that things change for security reasons and the only
effect of this "breaking change" is just cosmetic.

--
Kind regards / met vriendelijke groet,

Jigal van Hemert.