[TYPO3-v4] Introducing the "card layout" in 4.5

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Thu Aug 4 21:39:04 CEST 2011

Hi,

i think it's worth tro backport - but first all has to be finished.
I don't see the change of behaviour such drastic. i mean what you did
before: open BE in 2 tabs and switch tabs not to lose your edit while
using the other tab to look to ither infos you might need - this is not
needed anymore as you now can switch between 2 modules direct.

Before you had everytime the module loading and it started from the last
exit point which was saved in user uc, now it stays at the last point
without loading.

One trick which is different for sure: if you click on the module a
second time it reloads just like before.

I like to add a visability thing for already loaded modules which would
make it more transparent for the users.

Imho the performance boost is much more drastic than the change of
behaviour, so it's worth anyways. And user complaint about performance,
so they get their boost.

As 4.5 is a LTS release, the rules of updating is a bit different than
with other releases, you can't stay with the same for 3 years while
other releases change that drastic, so some minor release also have a
small change in it.

And Helmut, do you really think that editors have to be trained again
for this change? I mean they may be dummies, but not that silly :)

vg Steffen