[TYPO3-v4] Automatically enabled install tool

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Wed Aug 3 15:48:26 CEST 2011

Hi,

On 3-8-2011 15:17, Steffen Kamper wrote:
> The install tool should only be used for first install and may be a
> later verify.

The Install Tool is currently very useful to repair an installation.
After an upgrade you use it to run upgrade wizards outside the TYPO3
backend, check database tables, clean directories and remove cache files.

How would you solve these when the BE is not running properly or not at all?

It would be great to have an installer which has different wizards for
different situations (first install, upgrade, repair), but I'm also
aware that we do not really have the manpower to create a tool which you
only use occassionally.

> Then everything would be at the dedicated place.

It's sometimes not very handy to have things scattered around the BE.
Some settings in this module, other settings in a different module. The
other end of the spectrum is the "All configuration" page of the Install
Tool. Most people don't even make it to the end and miss a lot of
"hidden gems" in there.

--
Kind regards / met vriendelijke groet,

Jigal van Hemert.