[TYPO3-v4] Automatically enabled install tool

Helmut Hummel helmut.hummel at typo3.org
Wed Aug 3 08:46:58 CEST 2011

H Kay,

On 03.08.11 06:43, Kay Strobach wrote:

> why not changing it as follows:
>
> Clicking on the installtool Button on the modulemenu opens a module.
> This module allows admins to enable disable the installtool AND displays
> the current state (perhaps enable / disable is available dependent on
> the current state). Additionally there is a button to really open the
> install tool.

That would be an option. Probably also deleting the enable file if the
user logs out of the install tool.

> And for the not so common users we have the chance to display the old
> warning message (security risk ...)

If it is nicely designed and not javascript alert(), this would also be
good.

> I do really HATE these automatisms too ...

I'm not against usability improvements in general, also not totally
against this one. I only wanted to stress, that it is not complete like
it is implemented now; just to have it on everybodys radar.

Kind regards,
Helmut

--
Helmut Hummel
TYPO3 Security Team Leader, TYPO3 v4 Core Team Member

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!
Get involved: typo3.org