[TYPO3-v4] [TYPO3-core] RFC #15666: HCI: SysLanguage Table Icon should be the flag you selected

Steffen Ritter info at rs-websystems.de
Thu Sep 9 07:42:00 CEST 2010

Am 08.09.2010 21:32, schrieb François Suter:
> Hi,
>
> (pushing the discussion to the v4 list)
>
>> The typeicon_classes we cannot get around... there it does not matter if
>> we use "classic" typeicons or sprites for typeicons, all information
>> about all types has to be present in tca.
>
> I was wondering whether we could introduce a feature whereby the
> typeicon_classes could be defined with a relation to the value of the
> typeicon_column. For example enable a syntax like:
>
> 'typeicon_classes' => array(
> 'default' => 'flag-###TYPEICON_COLUMN###'
> )

yes we could do so, i think this would be a very fast and easy adaption
to t3lib_iconWorks, but i would not use "default", because this is the
fallback,
i would like to introduce "mask"/"pattern" => 'flag-###TYPEICON_COLUMN###'

> or some such. I think it makes sense for all typeicons properties to be
> able to relate in a more dynamic way to the property that defines the
> changing value.
>
> BTW was typeicon_classes introduced in 4.4? It appears in the Pending
> Documentation as part of the Sprite Icon API, but is not documented as
> just a TCA property?

Yes it was, I documented it in the pending wiki. there it is under doc
core api 4.4. There is a special Section "Extending TCA for Icon Names"

> Cheers

regards

Steffen