[TYPO3-v4] [TYPO3-core] RFC #15666: HCI: SysLanguage Table Icon should be the flag you selected

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Thu Sep 9 07:27:09 CEST 2010

Hi,

On 8-9-2010 21:50, Steffen Kamper wrote:
> For the iso codes: we already discussed that and i'm for extending the
> sys_language with iso codes and add a small data set. This could be very
> worth for TV as well not depending on static_info_tables anymore (or
> flexforms in general). But this is out of the scope of this RFC, so it's
> ok for now using the static array until we have such solution (not as
> easy when using static_info_tables not to use them then). Maybe we
> define the array somewhere else like we have this for sprites.

As this RFC introduces the big static array in the core the problem of
the iso codes has just come into scope in my opinion.

If it is left "for later" this will usually mean that it's likely to be
forgotten. With LTS for 4.5 this means that it will be around for 3 more
years.

Maybe it can't be included in this RFC, but at least this RFC could wait
for a proper solution for the iso codes?

--
Kind regards / met vriendelijke groet,

Jigal van Hemert
skype:jigal.van.hemert