[TYPO3-v4] RFC: Visibility keywords throught the Core

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Sun Oct 10 10:45:36 CEST 2010

Hi Marcus,

> Why this change:
> * A defined API is just a part of good OOP design.
> * A defined visibility allows us easily refactor existing code.
> *_put your reasons here_
>
> I'd love to hear your opinions!

This totally makes sense. Actually the work has been done in the past
for a couple of classes, but - as you mention - not the majority. I'm
globally all for it, you must just remember that it is a difficult
exercise as the risk of breaking existing stuff is very real: you never
know what public variable people may access in their extensions.

Given the potential for breaking existing stuff, it seems safer to me to
do such a massive cleanup in 4.6.

Francois Suter