[TYPO3-v4] CSS styled content for HTML 5 (Draft attached)

Thomas "Thasmo" Deinhamer thasmo at gmail.com
Wed Oct 6 14:46:52 CEST 2010

Am 06.10.2010 12:25, schrieb Dmitry Dulepov:
> All this "css-" crap does not give a hint what it is.
> Good markup will always have specialized classes (such as "search-form" or
> "search-results" or "blog-entires"), not this "css-" stuff. Most TYPO3
> sites have those unused classes everywhere in the code and it adds so much
> unneeded markup

You're right, again. But I think it has improved a lot from version 4.1
to 4.4 - a lot of unnessecary HTML code has been removed or can be made
optional.

Best example is:

I never needed it and it's just ugly - so I removed it and now it is:

When creating extensions I always try to use proper class names
and only if they're needed - but in TYPO3 default HTML output, I'M glad
to have some standard classes assigned to the elements, so I can style
them easily.

Regards,
Thomas