[TYPO3-v4] Minutes from the 20th Skype meeting of the release 4.5 team

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Mon Nov 29 23:32:18 CET 2010

Hi,

> DBAL
>
> [...]
> * The extbase incompatibility was due to the usage of "experimental"
> DBAL support for sql_exec() function. DBAL now has a flag (since beta2)
> in Ext.Manager to allow DBAL activated but to pass-through sql_exec()
> calls directly to MySQL (without trying to parse them). This would allow
> Extbase and DBAL to be working on the same installation even if you
> cannot use the DBAL features (table re-mapping etc) with Extbase yet. So
> no change is required in the Extbase code.

Actually, I did not see any feedback from Extbase "main" team, perhaps I
missed it. I'd like to have this feedback before committing the
aforementioned change to DBAL (available as patch in BT).

> @Ernesto will ask Xavier about the current DBAL status and if anything
> else is on his radar until 4.5 release.

I guess it will be testing and not much more (Jigal told me about a bug
with indices on multiple columns, this should be fixed too).

> t3editor
>
> There are some minor issues concerning styling in the t3editor and also
> when loading two instances of it, which happens somewhere in a "very
> hidden link" in the Web>Template tool. Steffen already reported it to
> Tobias.
>
> @Ernesto will ask Tobi what's the status here and if we expect any
> activity on that matter in the coming weeks.
>
> Performance
>
> Ernesto started a call for a "performance round" with Rupi and
> Christian. @Steffen will talk to Rupi later and see if he has the time
> (he has offered to do the necessary benchmarks some time ago). Christian
> Kuhn also offered to do some profiling comparing especially the FE
> rendering of 4.4 and 4.5.

Great!

Does someone has experience on using Extbase + Fluid in FE with full
feature set? I mean not only for displaying data but for modifying them
too? Actually even for displaying only, I've seen _much_ slower
rendering than with standard methods and I guess it would be wise to
have either some performance round on it too or at least some special
documentation on how tweaking the server/php/... or the model to speed
it up. Lazy loading for instance is not the definitive solution when one
has to show a few attributes coming from "the whole domain" on a summary
listing (aka LIST in tt_news).

> Schedule for this week
>
> * Workspaces team meeting, Monday 18h
> * Design / Skin meeting, Tuesday 17h
> * Release beta2, Wednesday "at some hour"

Thanks for this summary.

Xavier