[TYPO3-v4] Minutes from the 20th Skype meeting of the release 4.5 team

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Mon Nov 29 23:56:02 CET 2010

Xavier Perseguers schrieb am 29.11.2010 23:32:

>> DBAL
>>
>> [...]
>> * The extbase incompatibility was due to the usage of "experimental"
>> DBAL support for sql_exec() function. DBAL now has a flag (since beta2)
>> in Ext.Manager to allow DBAL activated but to pass-through sql_exec()
>> calls directly to MySQL (without trying to parse them). This would allow
>> Extbase and DBAL to be working on the same installation even if you
>> cannot use the DBAL features (table re-mapping etc) with Extbase yet. So
>> no change is required in the Extbase code.
>
> Actually, I did not see any feedback from Extbase "main" team, perhaps I
> missed it. I'd like to have this feedback before committing the
> aforementioned change to DBAL (available as patch in BT).

The issue is still pending in the Extbase tracker:

http://forge.typo3.org/issues/10999

I guess its safer if you add the flag for beta2 and then we can "let the
testing begin" with the users trying it out.

>> @Ernesto will ask Xavier about the current DBAL status and if anything
>> else is on his radar until 4.5 release.

> I guess it will be testing and not much more (Jigal told me about a bug
> with indices on multiple columns, this should be fixed too).

Could you please take some time to check the install tool routine (in
123 wizard mode) regarding DBAL activation (and de-activation if mysql
is used), if it works as expected?