[TYPO3-v4] New Default Configuration Options for 4.4

Thorsten Kahler [dkd] thorsten.kahler at dkd.de
Fri May 7 09:22:06 CEST 2010

Hi Benni,

schrieb Benjamin Mack am 06.05.10 17:30:

>  * checking for mbstring, if available, set this as default csConv option
>  * UTF-8 database by default (setting setDBinit, forceCharset)
>  * GDlib2 instead of GDlib1 by default (maybe remove GDlib1 support
> completely anyways, or set it to deprecated)
>  * TTFdpi set to 96 by default

I didn't come across any /new/ installation, where settings differed
from your suggested new defaults. So +1 from me for those changes.

> In an additional effort, I could see having an update wizard that takes
> care of setting these options for existing installations, but for now I

Changing the setDBinit by a wizard doesn't seem too clever to me. This
would screw up the DB contents in most cases.

Though you wanted no new suggestions: maybe defining a fallback order
for t3lib_cs_convMethod ("csConv option") might be helpful when the OS
or PHP packages are upgraded/changed or the installation is moved to a
new server. This would require a simple check, if the preferred method
is available. It's outcome would replace the original value
(comma-separated list) and could be cached with the config files.

Regards
Thorsten

--

Thorsten Kahler