[TYPO3-v4] HTML5

Georg Ringer mail at ringerge.org
Tue Jun 29 18:04:56 CEST 2010

Hi Sebastian,

I completly agree that it is very important to use current technologies!
IMO you can't really compare WP to TYPO3 because of the following reasons:

- TYPO3 core is really not about the frontend. I do HTML5 in some
projects and got no problem with it.
- TYPO3 is really about the backend and at least with 4.4 a bit CSS3 is
already used there.
- TYPO3 needs to take care about IE6+. I know this sucks for some of you
but there are many really big companies using IE6 and if the core team
would just say "use webkit or smiliar" this would really not be good for
TYPO3.

About the introduction package: I could imagine that there are more
packages in future and one could be an ultra cool awesome HTML5-CSS3
template - if someone wants to do that?

> It does not contain any fancy new HTML5 features so it works in all
> browsers, but it has a HTML5 Doctype.
> That fact encouraged me to use little bit of the HTML5 features for my
> project, which also work in IE8 and I'm pretty happy with the result.

You say it yourself. it works in IE8. But what about all other older
browsers.

> For my taste the whole TYPO3 project could focus a bit more on modern FE
> Web Technologies.

it does focus on new web technologies but it needs to focus on many
other things too ;) And again: Do a stylish version of the introduction
package and you will rock for sure!

Georg