[TYPO3-v4] HTML5

Sebastian Michaelsen sebastiangebhard at hoch2.de
Mon Jun 28 14:14:15 CEST 2010

Just wanted to note that I like the new Wordpress Theme "twentyten" a
lot. As I'm not too experienced with WP I used the default theme and
modified it to create the desired layout.
The point about twentyten is: It's HTML5.
It does not contain any fancy new HTML5 features so it works in all
browsers, but it has a HTML5 Doctype.
That fact encouraged me to use little bit of the HTML5 features for my
project, which also work in IE8 and I'm pretty happy with the result.

TYPO3 4.4 came around the same time when Wordpress 3 came out. Both
featuring HTML5 Support. Wordpress with a great HTML5 default theme and
TYPO3 with an XHTML Introduction Package and a note in the news "ah, and
by the way, we support HTML5 doctype now".

I know, in the end it's up to the FE Developer how the build the markup.
HTML5, HTML4, XHTML all is possible both with WP and TYPO3, but IMHO
this shows a kind attitude.

For my taste the whole TYPO3 project could focus a bit more on modern FE
Web Technologies.

Just a few thoughts