[TYPO3-v4] New Default Configuration Options for 4.4

Benjamin Mack benni at typo3.org
Thu Jun 24 23:42:05 CEST 2010

Hey,

On 21.06.10 00:56, bernd wilke wrote:
> what has become of this?
Yup. here's what happened. Lars and I were working on this, but we
couldn't find a way to easily detect a new installation vs. an updated
installation vs. an updated and modified installation in a *safe* way
without loosing speed on every issue for additional checks etc.

As time flew by and we fixed some more issues regarding other features,
this one was "silently dropped", but it's on the (early) agenda for 4.5.
Also, I heard that some devs have a cool extension to safely migrate all
DBs to UTF-8, which they present at the devdays. This would surely be
something I'd like to have in 4.5 :)

All the best,
Benni.